Football Ground :
The Length : should be 100 to 130 yards on either side, or the width: should be of 50 to 100 yards. The game is played on arectangular field. the longer sides are called touchlines. The other opposing sides hare called the goal lines.
The two Goal lines Must be between 45 and 93 m (50 and 100 yd) and be the same length. the two toch lines must also be of the same length, and be between 90 and 120 m (100 and 130 yd) in length. However, in international matches, the goal lines must be between 64 and 75 m (70 and 80 yd) long and the touchlines must be between 100 and 110 m (110 and 120 yd)
All lines must be equally wide, not to exceed (5 in) the corners of the pitch are demarcated by corner flags.
Goals are Placed at the centre of each goal – line. These consist of two upright poste placed equidistant from the corner flag posts, joined at the top by a horizontal crossbar . the inner edges of the poste must be 7.32 metres (8 yd) apart, and the lower edge of the crossbar must be 2.44 metres (8 ft) above the ground. nets are usually placed behind the goal. Goalposts and crossbars must be white,and made of wood, metal or other appproved material.
Must be spherical, made of leather or any equivalent material having 68-70cm circumference, weighing not more or less than 410 to 450 gms. It should have air pressure between 14-16 ounces.
Number of players :
While enrolling 16 players can be registered in a team, but only 11 players can play (including Goal keeeper) on the gorund. Maximum of 3 players (2 players & 1 Goal keeper ) can be substituted in a game.
Players Must wear a jersey, shorts, stockings,shin guards and footwear.There should be uniformity in sports wears.
Duration of the Match :
The game is played in 2 halves consisting of 45 minutes each.The half time interval must not exceed more than 15 minutes.
Skills: kicking passing, dribbling, trapping, tackling,heading,goal-keeping, & throw -in,are the main skills of the game used by either side in a game /match.
Football Fundamental rules:
- Ball out of play: The ball is out of play when; it has wholly crossed the goal line or touch line whethar on the ground or in air.
- Goal: Whan the ball crosses between the goal posts and passes under the crossbar, a goal is declaresd.
- Off-side : A player is on off-side position, if he is nearer to his opponent’s goal line than boh the ball and the second last opponent.
- Goal Kick: A goal kick is awarded when the whole of the ball,having last touched by a player of the attacing team, passes over the goal line and a goal is not scored.
- Free Kick: Two types of kicks are in use – Direck kick and indirect kick. direct, straight goal can be socred, while indirect kick is made from a place where infoingement occurred.
- Throw -in:If the ball crosses the touch line then the player from the opponent team will stand outside the touch line and throw the ball inside the field by his hands. In case the throw -in misses,the player from other team makes throw -in.
- Corner kick: After the ball crosses the goal line due to kicking by the defending player, then a player from attacking team will kick the ball, placed inside the corner arc.
- Penalty kick: Penalty kick is awarded against a them which commits one of the ten offences, for which a direct free kick is a awarded, inside its own penalty area and while ball is play.
- Even in the case of fouls and misconduct by aplayer, a direct klick can be awaeded by the referee.